It’s that time of the year once again as we get ready in high gear and in full preparation for the 28th annual NYC ACT-SO ”Olympics of the Mind” Local Competition on Saturday, April 22, from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTENDED A WORKSHOP AND ARE STILL INTERESTED IN COMPETING THIS YEAR, IT IS NOT TOO LATE! APPLY HERE.
Important requirements for Saturday, April 15th:
NYC ACT-SO Registration for competition will take place:
Saturday, April 15, 2017 @ 10:30 AM
The ACT-SO Offices, The Roy Wilkins Center,
270 West 96th Street (between Broadway and West End Avenue), New York City
Requirements for registration:
- All projects must be approved by the Coach of that category or an ACT-SO official
- All students must have a passport size (3X3) photo (B&W or Color)
- All written projects (Essay, Short Story, Poetry, Playwriting, Business, Entrepreneurship, Science, Music Composition) must be notarized with one (1) copy
- You will also need the following for Music competition:
a. Music Vocal – 2 copies of your music if you need an accompanist
b. Music/Instrumental – 6 copies of sheet music
- All students must have a biography (1 page minimum), typed and double-spaced.
Note: You must register in order to compete, no exceptions.
If you have any questions, please call: 917-541- 3348