|As we continue to follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New York State leaders we have decided to have a Virtual 2021 season.
On behalf of the Executive Committee and members of the NYC ACT-SO we are looking forward to working with future scholars and volunteers for the 2021 season.
Thank you for your commitment and understanding during this extraordinary time.
|Student Application – online|
Each contestant must:
1. be of African-American descent.
2. be a high school student enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
3. be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
4. be an individual who has demonstrated a genuine interest in one of the 28 categories.
5. submit a separate project, one contestant per category per city (a contestant may enter up to three (3) categories of competition.
6. be of amateur status–never having never having performed as a professional in any categories of competition.
7. conform to the guideline requirements as dictated by the category(s) chosen.
8. submit to his/her local NAACP chapter
a. a final application.
b. a 1 to 2 page, typed biography (double-spaced).
9. for National contestants, submit to his/her local NAACP ACT-SO sponsor:
a. a completed project.
b. a national application.
c. a one to two page, typed [double-spaced] biography.
d. a completed parental consent form.
e. a medical release form signed by a parent.
f. a small, clear photo.
g. Media release.