|STUDENT APPLICATION||ACT-SO SCHEDULE|
|Workshop Schedule 2018 (Word doc)|
Each contestant must:
1. be of African-American descent.
2. be a high school student enrolled in grades 9 through 12.
3. be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
4. be an individual who has demonstrated a genuine interest in one of the 28 categories.
5. submit a separate project, one contestant per category per city (a contestant may enter up to three (3) categories of competition.
6. be of amateur status–never having never having performed as a professional in any categories of competition.
7. conform to the guideline requirements as dictated by the category(s) chosen.
8. submit to his/her local NAACP chapter
a. a final application.
b. a 1 to 2 page, typed biography (double-spaced).
9. for National contestants, submit to his/her local NAACP ACT-SO sponsor:
a. a completed project.
b. a national application.
c. a one to two page, typed [double-spaced] biography.
d. a completed parental consent form.
e. a medical release form signed by a parent.
f. a small, clear photo.
g. Media release.